F1 Opinion 15

January’s podcast with Pat Symonds

Welcome everyone to our first podcast of 2012.

Pat Symonds is the only podcast guest we’ve had more than once, and when you listen you’ll realise why. He’s a straight-talking F1 engineer who not only tells it how it is, but also has the ability to explain even the most technical parts of the sport to people who haven’t got an engineering degree (i.e. us).

opinion  Januarys podcast with Pat Symonds

We hope you enjoy it and do let us know your thoughts on everything we talk about.

If you would like to subscribe to these podcasts then visit our podcast feed or our iTunes page.

15 comments on January’s podcast with Pat Symonds

1. James Ash, 20 January 2012 16:56

Friday, 1650 hours: Thought I’d check if a new podcast is out, to enliven my commute with the dulcet tones of Rob, Nigel et al… and once again you deliver!

Thank you all and have a great weekend.

2. Michael Spitale, 20 January 2012 19:13

Best podcasts on F1 anywhere on the Web… Cannot thank you guys enough for doing these every month.

3. Nigel (not that one), 23 January 2012 13:24

Great podcast to start the year with, great to see Pat back on the grid again, I’m just sorry Williams didn’t grab him!

4. Paul, 23 January 2012 23:55

Not only stuck in the Antipodes, but working away at sea, limited internet access…MotorSport delivers this!
    Probably equivalent to a Marussia on pole in Melbourne 2012.
    Thank you for this ‘manna’.

5. Tony Geran, 24 January 2012 04:07

Nigel above, yes such a shame that Williams didn’t grab him. Anyway a nice way to break up the monotony of a dreary day in Sydney (where’s the summer gone?) while trying to summarise a 20 page part of a 300 page legal document in two pages. More ugly cars in F1? Don’t we have enough already?

6. Ben Harris, 26 January 2012 20:56

Just listened, brilliant podcast, lots of interesting nuggets and thanks for answering my question!

7. Mike Kenny, 26 January 2012 22:40

I could listen to Pat talk for hour after hour, gripping stuff! Good to see him on the podcast again.

8. JAMES Root, 27 January 2012 17:00

The pod casts are the best. I learn more about the whys and wherefores on F1 than all of my other sources combined. Please keep them up.

9. Robert Reid, 3 February 2012 09:07

Sitting in Starbucks in Tainan Taiwan listening to your podcasts.Very imfotmative.Could never get to learn so much without these.I think I should subscribe and read the may on my Taiwanese E PAD too.

10. Jeremy Smith, 8 February 2012 03:07

I am so glad that Pat Symonds is back were he belongs… In F1..

Great podcast, thank you Rob, Nigel and Ed…

jeremysmith

11. mike chapple, 10 February 2012 15:02

its like being in a pub with them having a drink GREAT
    as i told Sophie when I spoke 2 her on friday

12. Nigel (not that one), 23 February 2012 17:14

Whens the next poddy out guys? starting to itch here!

13. Ed Foster, 23 February 2012 17:15

Hi Nigel (not that one),

We’re recording one next week!

EF

14. Nigel (not that one), 24 February 2012 11:29

Excellent! :D

15. mike chapple, 25 February 2012 09:40

its like sitting in a pub with friends GREAT

Alonso-Hulkenberg

Formula 1′s minimum weight limit

04/04/14

Nigel Roebuck looks at the problems caused by Formula 1′s minimum weight limit

Massa-Bottas

Overtaking your team-mate

01/04/14

After watching Massa and Bottas in Malaysia Andrew Frankel sought the opinion of Sir Stirling Moss

Martini-Minardi-Monza

Driver rotation: gimmick or fix?

07/03/14

Mark Hughes wants to know what you think about the idea of driver rotation between teams in Formula 1

Ed-Foster

Ed Foster

Read Ed's profile and more …