The Motor Sport Magazine Hall of Fame 2013 charity auction has already raised over £92,000.
The auction was held in aid of the Grand Prix Mechanics Charitable Trust. The lots included:
- 2013 F1 British Grand Prix VIP Paddock Club and paddock passes (for two guests for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday), donated by Bernie Ecclestone
- Sebastian Vettel’s steering wheel, donated by Red Bull Racing
- Ayrton Senna’s racing gloves worn in 1991 when he won his third World Championship, donated by Jo Ramirez
- Cylinder head, donated by Scuderia Ferrari
- Hydraulic manifold, donated by Lotus F1 Team
- Kimi Räikkönen’s wheel, donated by Lotus F1 Team; tyre donated by Pirelli
- Mercedes F1 suspension upright, donated by Mercedes AMG Petronas
- Jenson Button’s McLaren race seat from his 2012 Australian Grand Prix winning car, donated by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- Differential gear, donated by Williams F1 Team
- Visit to the Ferrari factory at Maranello including a drive around the Fiorano track, donated by Stefano Domenicali. Travel, accommodation and transfers included, courtesy of Motor Passion
You can still bid on reader-only lots until midnight on Sunday March 10:
To get a sneak preview into the story behind the auction have a look at the video below:
To find out more about the auction please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.