The 2013 Motor Sport Magazine Hall of Fame is set to pack quite a punch with the addition of a charity auction with all proceeds going to The Grand Prix Mechanics Charitable Trust.
This is the first time readers can get directly involved in the invitation-only Hall of Fame evening and bid online for stylish Formula 1 automobilia on bespoke mounts and once-in-a-lifetime experiences donated by current F1 teams.
Confirmed auction lots include:
- Ayrton Senna’s racing gloves worn in 1991 when he won his third World Championship, donated by Jo Ramirez
- 2013 F1 British Grand Prix VIP Paddock Club and paddock passes (for two guests for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday), donated by Bernie Ecclestone
- Sebastian Vettel’s steering wheel, donated by Red Bull Racing
- Cylinder head, donated by Scuderia Ferrari
- Hydraulic manifold, donated by Lotus F1 Team
- Kimi Räikkönen’s wheel, donated by Lotus F1 Team; tyre donated by Pirelli
- Mercedes F1 suspension upright, donated by Mercedes AMG Petronas
- Jenson Button’s McLaren race seat from his 2012 Australian Grand Prix winning car, donated by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
- Visit to the Ferrari factory at Maranello including a drive around the Fiorano track, donated by Stefano Domenicali. Travel, accommodation and transfers included, courtesy of Motor Passion
- Differential gear, donated by Williams F1 Team
Bidding will run until midnight on Sunday February 24 2013.
To find out more about the auction please email us at email@example.com.