A new and unique collection of stories about the iconic GT40, providing insights into its design and racing achievements, and some well-kept secrets about its development. This is not a traditional history of the GT40, but a book of stand-alone stories that you can dip into, and also enjoy the many photographs that accompany the fascinating text.
Each individual story gives the reader new insights into the car’s design and development, as well as some fascinating racing tales – not to mention divulging some previously well-kept secrets.
Chapters include an explanation of the mysteries of Appendix J and its impact on the design of the Mirage and MkIV GT40; a detailed scrutineering report on GT40P/1075 at Le Mans; some untold truths behind the 2005 name controversy; and the unrecorded engine swap which enabled a GT40 to race – and finish – at the Le Mans 24 hours. The book contains information which at last shows that Ford did really install the Indy 4-cam engine in the development of the GT40. It explains in detail how GT40-builder JWAE was structured, and what its accounts looked like: the fascinating facts concerning the financial aspects of the GT40-building business are revealed.
Two highly knowledgeable and experienced authors, John Stuart Allen & Graham Endeacott, have collaborated to bring you this great collection of GT40 stories, some of which had previously been published in magazines many years ago, but have now been reworked, and many of which are totally new.
A must-have for any GT40 enthusiast to keep at their bedside or on the coffee table to dip in and out of as they please.
- A unique compilation of GT40 stories
- Generously illustrated with both historical and modern photographs
- Design, development and racing secrets are revealed
- A major addition to GT40 lore
- A potpourri of little-known aspects of this iconic car
- Written by two marque enthusiasts who are steeped in all things GT40
- Stand-alone stories that can be dipped into as you please
- A perfect reference, bedtime companion or coffee table book for the GT40 enthusiast