Focusing on car racing and karting, the book is your thorough one-stop guide for new racing drivers, from how to gain a race licence to finding the right championship, car and equipment, to learning how to utilise track time, professional race simulators and instruction, and joining the grid for your first race.
Let’s dispel the myth that becoming a racing driver is an unobtainable dream. Although not cheap, it is certainly an accessible hobby or career path. As well as guiding the reader through the early processes of becoming a racing driver, from karting through to car racing, it also focuses on how to make the most of track time, how to utilise instruction, and the importance of using professional race simulator centres.
The author also shares some inside information relating to media skills, such as how to deal with the motorsport press, and how to use social media to your advantage. The experience she has gathered during her motorsport career has formed the basis for this book, drawing on her experience as a motorsport journalist, writing for various publications and online media outlets, as well as working for a track day company, various motor racing clubs and organisations, and running her own Motorsport PR agency.
- Everything you need to know to start your motor racing journey
- Informative in depth content focusing on the key topics
- A great way to help attract new competitors to the sport
- Discover how to gain your kart or race licence
- Find out more about professional simulators and how to use them
- Learn more about track days and test days
- Find out how to get the most from an instruction or simulator session
- Learn more about the different cars and championships
- Understand how to use social media to your advantage
- Unique, covering everything from karting to car racing