Opatija

The roads east of this Italian coastal town held the Circuito del Carnaro voiturette race in 1939.

The roads east of this Italian coastal town held the Circuito del Carnaro voiturette race in 1939. 30 miles from Trieste, the area became part of Yugoslavia after World War II when Abbazia was renamed Opatija. Racing resumed in 1946 and the World Motorcycle Championships visited between 1969 and 1977 when it closed on safety grounds.

Circuit

1946 - 1977

Type

Temporary road course

Length

3.728 (Miles)

Latest Races

3,420

Championships

View

19,566

Results

View

25,411

Drivers

View

14,598

Teams

View

922

Circuits

View