This Rally was a great success, except for the intense cold. Five Bentleys, including Kenneth Neve’s 3-litre, graced the forecourt of the “Dixon Arms,” Chelford, with the ex-Hughes “30/98” Vauxhall beside them, the latter brought by Blake Bros. to attract the very rich. In the “back yard” many more interesting cars collected. There were two Type 40 Bugattis and a very immaculate G.P., and a black “30/98” Vauxhall, unfortunately bearing the legend “Black Maria III.” The H.S.M., alias a blown straight-8 Triumph “Dolomite,” recently assembled by Giron, was running like a piece of electrical machinery, with no noise of cams or gears. A rakish “14/40” Delage, Crossley’s neat 328 B.M.W., a rather swollen 2-litre Lagonda, a Napier, a “12/50” beetle-back Alvis, a Talbot “105” shooting brake, the blue, “100 m.p.h.” Invicta brought by Molyneau and West, and a 2-litre Aston-Martin saloon lent a sporting flavour. Two M type M.G.s left dashingly, as is their wont, and such makes as Rolls-Royce, Lea-Francis, Fiat, D.K.W., Citroen and Lancia “Aprilia” brought other enthusiasts to the scene. Goodman made a good effort in getting his family over in a 1921 25 Talbot from Leeds. This car is the type used by Lambert and has a rakish Salmons body. Bunny Tubbs, Turner and Heal came up from London, the last-named in a Sunbeam 25. The prize for the oldest car to attend was won by Major Gardner, with an 1899 De Dion, while the best-kept car was judged to be Collinge’s 1925 3-litre Bentley 2-seater. It is excellent that the Northern vintagents are active again — the presence of Neve, Shorrock, Ledson, Lees and Wike proves it is so. Crowley-Milling was elected to the Northern Committee.