The Veteran Car Club’s AGM takes place on March 28 at the RAC. It awarded 25 major trophies for last season, a list too long to publish in full, but it is interesting to note that the Lord Victor Ludorum Trophy and two others were won by Miss S Strong (1904 Humberette/1914 Sunbeam). The Stanley Sears Trophy went to Edwards and Curtis (1904 Hotchkiss), the Milex Trophy to Pickard’s 1905 De Dion Bouton which covered 1,062 formula miles, and the HO Duncan Trophy for points in main events to TC Moore’s 1899 Panhard-Levassor.
Zimmler’s 1910 Lanchester took the cup for these cars, Renault Ltd’s “Coal-Scuttle” Trophy went to Smallman’s 1910 Renault, and the Napier Award to Balmford’s 1914 Napier. Of memorial trophies, the Blake Trophy was won by Nick Ridley’s 1902 Mors, the Stephens’ Trophy for best performance by a belt-driven car by RM Fowler’s 1900 Georges-Richard, the James Allday Cup by M Jeal for his Gazette contribution, the Colonel Wellingham Cup by Sir Leonard Southward (1895 Benz), and the Overseas Trophy by P Veniard’s 1910 Parthard-Levassor. WB