* Former Grand Prix racer Takuma Sato will move into the IRL IndyCar Series in 2010. The Japanese has signed to drive a Dallara-Honda for the KV Racing squad after a successful test at Sebring in February.
* Sports car legend Emanuele Pirro will return to the Le Mans 24 Hours, a race he won five times with Audi, at the wheel of the British Drayson Racing’s Lola-Judd coupé. The veteran Italian has signed up to drive the car in the enduros at Le Mans, Sebring and Road Atlanta with team regulars Paul Drayson and Jonny Cocker.
* Spaniard Miguel Molina has been picked up by Audi for its DTM squad in 2010. The World Series by Renault graduate will race a 2008-spec Audi A4 DTM for the Abt team.
* Versatile sports car driver Emmanuel Collard has joined the Corvette Racing squad in place of Audi-bound Marcel Fassler. The Frenchman, who lost his Porsche deal at the end of last year, will drive the Chevrolet Corvette C6.R with Oliver Gavin and Olivier Beretta in the enduros at Sebring, Le Mans and Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta.
* Ferrari factory drivers Gianmaria Bruni and Jaime Melo will race together on both sides of the Atlantic in 2010. They will share a Risi Competizione Ferrari 430 GT in the American Le Mans Series and an AF Corse-run car in the Le Mans Series in Europe.
* IRL driver Marco Andretti will follow in the footsteps of grandfather Mario and father Michael by racing at Le Mans. The 23-year-old will drive an Anglo-Swiss Rebellion Racing team Lola-Judd B10/60 coupé alongside Nicolas Prost and Neel Jani.
* Ferrari Formula 1 reserve driver Giancarlo Fisichella will race a Ferrari in the Le Mans Series this year. He will share a 430 GT run by the factory-backed AF Corse team together with Jean Alesi.
* Ryan Dalziel has joined the JaguarRSR programme for the 2010 American Le Mans Series. “I grew up admiring Jaguar’s racing heritage,” he said. “It’s a dream come true that my first manufacturer drive is for Jaguar.”