COPPA CIANO WON BY VARSI (ALFA ROMEO).
The circuit of Montenero, near Livorno, was the scene on July 22nd of the Coppa Ciano race. Particular interest was aroused by the promise of an entry from Fagioli on one of the new Mercedes racing cars, but he did not start after all. However stiff opposition was likely to be given to the Ferrari Alfa-Romeo by Nuvolari’s Maserati, and this proved to be the case. The” high spot ” of the race proved to be a terrific duel between Varzi and Moll, the former gaining the issue by 9 seconds after 12 laps of the 20 kilometre circuit. Here is the full list of finishes :—
1. Varsi (Alfa Romeo), 2b. 49m. 52.2s. 84.770 k.p.h.
2. Moll (Alfa Romeo), 2h. 50m. 1.2s.
3. Nuvolari (Maserati), 2b. 53m. 35.4s.
4. Trossi (Alfa Romeo), 2b. 58m. 48s. S. Barbieri (Alfa Romeo), 2b. 59m. 7.8s.
6. Parole (Alfa Romeo), 3h. 0111. 54.4s.
7. Magistri (Alfa Romeo), 3h. 13m. 43s. S. Comaggia-Medici (Alfa Romeo). 9. Pages (Alfa Romeo).
MOTORING SPORTSMEN. Lieut. Glen Kidston, RN. By THE EDITOR. LIKE so many other of the famous racing men who are known to our readers by reason of their exploits on…
A One-Make Meeting.
A One-Make Meetin Lagonda's Fete at Brooklands. GIVEN the necessary organisation and support, a race meeting can be seen at its best when all the spectators have a personal interest…
VSCC Oulton Park (June 16th)
Martin Morris was the outstanding driver at this sunny Seaman Trophies Meeting, with both the Seaman Memorial trophy races. He won the Historic race in his ERA, leading from lap…