In connection with the letter from Mr. John B. Smallshow, published last month, the Daily Express asks us to point out that the competition concerning racing cars was won on the following order of merit and not that quoted by our correspondent:
1. Good road holding qualities.
2. Great acceleration through gears.
3. Firm and precise steering system.
4. Powerful bridles.
5. Comfortable, conveniently placed driver’s seat.
6. Sturdy chassis.
7. Dependable transmission.
8. Streamlined body-styling.
9. Trouble-free ignition and electrical.
10. Efficient cooling and lubrication
11. High top speed.
12. Suitable springing and shock absorbers.