Three years of driving have left me with these impressions:
(1) New cars depress me.
(2) The government, the insurance companies, and the police are appallingly anti-old cars, and are guilty of startlingly biased opinions of them and their owners.
(3) Rolls-Royce, Rover, and Alvis are the only British manufacturers to produce “cars” as such since 1939.
(4) Garage owners and their accessories are, with several notable exceptions, hawks of the worst order.
(5) Professional “tuners” and similar enthusiasts are quite the least grabbing, cheerful and pleasant race I have met.
(6) A light sports car is, driven well, the only safe and fast vehicle on the road.
I am, Yours, etc:,
Larkhill. – H. H. Mews.