Watchet Flower Show & Fete, August 3rd. Parade and gymkhana of veteran cars. Driving tests on show ground. 3,30 p.m. Entries have closed. Details : D. G. Blackford, The Manor House, Cherhill, Near Caine, Wilts.
Leeds & Dist. Traction Engine Club Rally, August 27th-29th. Harewood House, on A61. Veteran, vintage and historic commercial vehicles included. Details from : H. Grayshon Lumby, 37, Tons Road, Pudsey (Pudsey 3248).
Littlewick Green Show, August 29th. Peens Farm. Bath Road, Littlewick, near Maidenhead. Concours & Elegance, with classes for cars manufactured up to December 1939 and a special class for Daimlers and Lanchesters up to December 1962. Judging commences at 2 p.m. Entry fee 5s. per vehicle. Details from Mrs. P. Cooke, Dawnay, Fifield, near Maidenhead.
Tenovus Cavalcade of Motoring, September 3rd. Sophia Gardens Fields. Cardiff. Concours d’Elegance for veteran and vintage cars, commercial vehicles and motorcycles. A driving display will be held by the Welsh Counties C.C. Details from Mr. 13. C. Thomas, 111 Cathedral Road, Cardiff.
Gosport Annual Veteran and Vintage Car Rally, August 29th. Assembly at St. George’s Barracks. Gosport, at 12 noon. Total road distance 10 miles, followed by Concours d’Elegance for cars up to December 1930. Details from D. C. R. Jacobs, 88, Sydney Road, Gosport, Hants. closing date August 22nd.
Mr. Fred Meiller of 5013, River Hill Road, Washington D.C.. 20016, has been successful, to a large extent, in tracing the history of his 1937, 4-door, coupe de ville 25/30 Rolls-Royce, but has drawn a blank for the immediate post-war period when the car was in Vienna during`the British Occupation. He would like to hear from a British army major who, between 1948 and 1954, regularly had the car serviced at “Ueberland Kraftfahrzengwerkstaetten” in the Mariahilfstrasse.
We thank those readers who have written in response to the suggested Brooklands Society. If the response is sufficient a further announcement will be made.
Correction.- The place where S. F. Cody flew his early aeroplanes was Laffan’s Plain, incorrectly quoted in a caption on page 725.