Goodyear Eagles Fly with the Eagles
Welcome to the final round of the Motor Sport – Goodyear competition in which the prize is a fabulous weekend for two at the Belgian Grand Prix on the weekend of August 24/25th.
Not only will the lucky winner receive two tickets for the Grand Prix at the fabulous Spa circuit, but they will be flown to Brussels on Friday, 23rd August, be put up at the 5 star Sheraton hotel, view the race from the Raidillon Grandstand and then be flown back to London on Monday, 26th August.
If ever there was a way to watch a Grand Prix, this has to be it.
Unhappily there can be only one winner, but despair not, for there are hundreds of pounds worth of consolation prizes. Thanks to the generosity of Goodyear there are 10 rally jackets, 20 sweaters and 50 books, all commemorating Goodyear’s 250 wins in Grand Prix racing to be won.
All answers will have to be received at Motor Sport – Goodyear Competition, Standard House, Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4DA, by first post Monday, 12th August.
Entrants must answer all questions using the forms provided or photocopies, but only one entry per household please.
Unfortunately for obvious reasons the competition is not open to employees of Teesdale Publishing Co Ltd or of Goodyear Great Britain Limited.
The final question will be a tie-breaker and the judge’s verdict will be final. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the results. Even if the competition at first glance looks a little difficult, give it a go. You will be surprised just how many you can answer with just a little research. Good luck to everyone who enters.
1. Which was the Lotus team’s 400th Grand Prix?
2. At which race did Niki Lauda get disqualified from 3rd place as his car was found to be 2kg overweight?
3. Who is the designer generally credited with pioneering the use of carbonfibre in Formula One?
4. In which year did Ayrton Senna first win his home Grand Prix?
5. In which year did Engine Developments Ltd build its first Grand Prix engine?
6. Which Arrows model was the first to be built with carbonfibre? Was it: (A) The A2 ? (B) The A8 ? (C) The A11 ?
7. Who was Marc Surer’s predecessor in the Brabham team in 1985?
8. Who won Lotus’ 100th pole position?
9. In which race and in which year did Jonathan Palmer score his first World Championship points?
10. Andrea de Cesaris has driven for all of the following teams: Brabham, Ligier, Minardi, Rial, McLaren. True or False?
11. Which Grand Prix team did Franco Forino drive for?
12. With which team did Nicola Lanni make his Grand Prix debut?
13. Who scored AGS’ first World Championship points?
14. In which Grand Prix did Onyx first compete?
15. In which race did the McLaren-BRM V12 make its first Grand Prix appearance?
16. Which race was Graham Hill’s next Formula One victory after Monaco ’69?
17. Which Grand Prix was the Ferrari team’s next 1-2 after Zandvoort ’83?
18. In which Grand Prix did the Williams team score their first 1-2?
19. Who deputised for Stefan Bellof in the Tyrrell in the ’84 German Grand Prix?
20. Who won the 1906 French Grand Prix in a 13-litre Renault?
Tie breaker: Please state in no more than 15 words why Goodyear should stay in Grand Prix racing.