• In the latest round of a legal dispute between Force India and its former sponsors Etihad and Aldar, the Court of Appeal overturned an earlier decision of the High Court, leaving the Abu Dhabi companies as victors and the team forced to pay costs. The matter arose after the sponsors pulled out when Vijay Mallya bought the team that was then known as Spyker.
• The new feature film documentary about Ayrton Senna received rave reviews when it opened in Japan on the weekend of the Grand Prix. Known simply as Senna, it is expected to come to Europe next summer.
• The team behind the 2012 US GP in Austin continues to face a barrage of red tape, with a particular focus on plans for traffic arrangements. Race promoter Tavo Hellmund has engaged UK expert Graham Lake-Grange, who for many years was responsible for traffic and other operational aspects of Silverstone.
• Renault managing director Bob Bell has parted company with the team, seemingly because he became surplus to requirements for the new owners. An aerodynamicist by training, Bell took over the administrative role when Flavio Briatore left, having previously been the Anglo-French team’s highly respected technical director.
• Silverstone’s new pit and paddock complex, due to be used for the first time at next year’s British Grand Prix on July 10, looks set to be finished on time, according to the circuit’s managing director, Richard Phillips. “We are on schedule to meet our self-imposed completion date of May 2011,” he said. The complex is being constructed on the inside of Club and Abbey corners.
• Former FIA president Max Mosley will be interviewed on stage at a Motorsport Industry Association networking event at the Williams F1 factory on November 24. His latest ‘public appearance’ follows his recent inclusion on the panel of the BBC’s Question Time.
A sharp report
Sir, After a number of years absence I returned, in April 1997, to Motor Sport and have enjoyed every issue since. I should however like to make one small plea.…
Racing Car Development
As mentioned last month the special builder is the genius at developing a racing car beyond all recognition or redemption. The Freikaiserwagen is a classic example, its pre-war design and…
Motor Racing Legends Group C/GTP: Le Mans
Agg's Nissan blitzes Group C return "This is what the cars were built for; the cars have come home," said Nigel James after climbing onto the Le Mans podium following…