CAR RACING AT DONNINGTON PARK
MOTOR cycling enthusiasts in the Midlands are already well acquainted with the 2+ mile road circuit at Donnington Park. The owner, Mr. J. G. Shields, J.P., arranged the first motor-cycle race meeting there on WhitMonday, 1931, and for two-wheelers only
a few alterations and additions were needed to the existing drives. Last year, at the Whitsun Meeting, Mr. Shields discussed the question of car racing, but decided to wait until the whole of the circuit had been surfaced with tarmac before
taking any steps in this direction.
These extensive alterations are now complete, and the Derby and District Motor Club have now at their disposal a 21 mile road circuit, treated with tarmac throughout its entire length, at their disposal for car-races.