A motoring landmark.—The origin of these fine brass plates, which flank each side of the entrance to Stratstone Ltd.’s Brixton Hill premises, where Daimler and Jaguar cars are now serviced, is unknown. Perhaps they were put up in Coventry when Daimler, which had been taken over by B.S.A. in 1909, absorbed the Lanchester Company in 1931 ? Incidentally, these spacious Stratstone premises were formerly an L.C.C. tram depot.