* Italy’s motor sport heritage will be the central theme of the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 2-4, under the heading of ‘Viva Veloce – The Passion for Speed’. Italian manufacturers, drivers and race circuits will all
be celebrated during the festival.
* The Classic K Series is a new concept from the Classic Sports Car Club, which will run a series of races in 2010 for pre-66 GT and touring cars complying with FIA Appendix K rules. The 10-race schedule will centre on British tracks, but will take in Spa and the Nürburgring. Only four- and six-cylinder cars will be admitted.
* The 100th anniversary of Alfa Romeo will be marked during the Australian GP on March 28, when a parade of around 60 historic racing and competition cars takes to the Albert Park track in Melbourne. Cars from Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Fiat, Lancia and de Tomaso are
also expected to take part.
* A new historic event has been added to the Barbados rallying season, running separately to the annual Barbados Rally Carnival. The event, due to run between August 11-25, will cater for all historic category cars as well as pre-82 clubmans cars. Group B cars will also be a part of the fortnight of rallies and rally sprints.
* Four race circuits feature on the schedule for the 2010 Tour Auto, which runs from Paris to Beaulieu-sur-Mer on April 20-24. En route will be races at Magny-Cours, Charade, Bresse and Paul Ricard, as well as five special stages on closed public roads.
* Linda Vaughn has accepted honorary membership of the Allard Chrysler Action Group, the organisation approved by the National Motor Museum to manage the restoration of Europe’s first dragster. Vaughn was Miss Atlanta Raceway in 1961 and became one of the sport’s leading personalities in the US.
* The TR Register will celebrate its 40th birthday with a meeting at Hopcroft’s Holt in Oxfordshire on January 10 – the same venue used for the inaugural meeting.The club was formed following an exchange of letters in Motor Sport during 1969 and now has 8000 members. Past, present and future owners are invited to attend.