NEW SHOWROOMS FOR BUGATTI IN THE WEST END-PREMISES OPENED IN ALBEMARLE STREET.

Author

admin

Browse pages
Current page

1

Current page

2

Current page

3

Current page

4

Current page

5

Current page

6

Current page

7

Current page

8

Current page

9

Current page

10

Current page

11

Current page

12

Current page

13

Current page

14

Current page

15

Current page

16

Current page

17

Current page

18

Current page

19

Current page

20

Current page

21

Current page

22

Current page

23

Current page

24

Current page

25

Current page

26

Current page

27

Current page

28

Current page

29

Current page

30

Current page

31

Current page

32

NEW SHOWROOMS FOR BUGATTI IN THE WEST END—PREMISES OPENED IN ALBEMARLE STREET.

An event of considerable interest to the connoisseur in motors is the recent opening of West End showrooms by Ettore Bugatti.

There has been, of course, a service depot at Brixton Road since 1925, and the Grand Prix models of this famous marque have been handled in London by Captain Malcolm Campbell at his St. James’s Street showrooms. This arrangement will continue unaltered, but a full range of Bugatti cars will now be open to inspection at 12, Albemarle Street, Piccadilly, where the new Bugatti showrooms were opened in September, 1927.

The new showrooms are worthy of the cars they exhibit, and are comparable with any showrooms in the West End of London. The interior decoration is carried out in the Neo-Palla.dian style, employing polished mahogany, whose columns, with richly carved capitals, lend a pleasing dignity to the panelled walls.

In view of this recent development of Ettore Bugatti, it is interesting to recall the first appearance of his cars in this country. He first began making cars in 1898, with one model, which was one of the earliest types of light car.

Prior to 1925, for many years the Bugatti cars were handled in Great Britain by the sole concessionaires, Messrs. Charles Jarrott and Letts, who were the sole representatives for the nzarque until the opening of a branch of the factory at I and 3, Brixton Road, S.W.9, in 1925, which is still the service depot and head office of Ettore Bugatti for Great Britain and the Empire.

When the service and repair organization was working efficiently, the showrooms were opened in the West End, where a suitable range of Bugatti cars are always on show.