* Stephen Hepworth is trying to trace the early history of the V8-engined Cooper T43 that his late father David used to great effect in the early 1960s. The family recently bought the car back at auction. Hepworth can be contacted on 07976 652495.
* The annual Historic Rally Car Register Open Day will be held at the Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon on Saturday January 10. The full HRCR programme for 2009 will be presented, along with events from other organisers.
* The Masters Festival will run again at Brands Hatch next year over the Bank Holiday weekend of May 23-25. Most of the series’ categories will be in action, topped by Grand Prix Masters, with racing on the full GP circuit.
* Teenager Michael Lyons and Ian Gray are among the Historic Sports Car Club’s 2008 champions. Lyons bagged the Historic Formula Ford crown, while Gray took his ex-John Watson Brabham BT16 to the Classic Racing Cars title.
* The HSCC has announced four key dates for 2009, including Silverstone’s International Trophy (May 9/10), the Autosport 3 Hours at Snetterton (provisionally May 30/31), the HSCC Historic Superprix at Brands Hatch (July 4/5) and the Oulton Park Gold Cup (August 30/31).
* David Piper’s annual winter tour in South Africa has been confirmed for early 2009, with races at Zwartkops (January 30/31) and Killarney (February 7/8). They will feature ’60s sports/GT/prototypes and saloons, pre-66 cars and Formula Juniors.
* Hagerty International launched an initiative to get young people involved in the classic and collector car scene at the Classic Motor Show. It included entries in a Kids Art Competition, with the winner receiving a donation towards school equipment.
* Neil Calvert and Arlene Cookson have won both the Water End Properties Asphalt and Gravel Cups in their Lotus Cortina in the British Historic Rally Championship. For the first time, one crew won the awards for the best performances on the three asphalt and five gravel events.
Three counties showground
Monday was devoted to a touring assembly, so that entrants could find their way abut the Three Counties Showground at Malvern, a splendid place, so neatly laid out, with enormous…
MATTERS OF MOMENT, February 1956
MATTERS OF MOMENT HOW RUSTY IS YOUR MEMORY? While we are sorry to learn that many of 11.M.C.'s employees are now obliged LO work a four-day week. they might well…
THAT MYSTERY EX-G.P. CAR
THAT MYSTERY EX-G.P. CAR From the Hon. Patrick Lindsay Sir, The photograph in the March issue is not Gavin Maxwell's converted single-seater G.P. car nor is it the P3 Alfa…