Further light can be shed on the Rolls-Royces referred to in “The Wartime Diaries of an RFC Officer” on pages 1011 and 1012 in this issue. It seems that the circa 1911 car, No 103, sold to Barrington-White was sold originally to an Indian potentate, with a Barker Pullman-limousine body finished in dark green, with black lining. Maybe it was sent back to England to contribute its bit for the war-effort?
According to Rolls-Royce Motors, the 1911 chassis No. 1463, now owned by John Bolster, was supplied originally to WF Foster of Rudington, when it had a two-seater body by the Midland Counties Motor Garage Co. Its subsequent history appears in the caption on page 1011. — WB