At the fifteenth annual general meeting, held in London in March, it was decided, in view of the rapid growth in membership (now 1,400), to form the club into a company, limited by guarantee. Full membership will in future be extended to owners of any type of car, or non-car owners with a willingness to marshal and help with the organisation of events. (A pity, as the club thus loses some of its identity as the Austin Seven Club, but it is a sign of the times. — Ed.)
Ken Welfare was elected full-time General Secretary, and will also take over the duties of Press and Competitions Secretary. H. Birkett remains the Club Chairman.
Free admission tickets are now available to members of all recognised motor clubs for the 750 and M.G. co-promoted Relay Race at Silverstone on June 12th, from 56, Harrow Road, Bedfont, Middlesex.
The Inter-Club Driving Test Meeting scheduled for May 30th has now been postponed to early September.
* * *
The following were elected officers of the Hartlepools & Dist. M.C. for the season 1954/55 at the annual general meeting.
President J. Appleyard. President-elect: W. S. Donaghy. Vice-Presidents G. Ringwood. J. T. Willis, N. Ayres, E. Herbert. Snr., and W. M. Meredith. Chairman: E. Herbert. Vice-Chairman: S. L. Robinson. Treasurer, R. A. Dale. Club Captain, H. Peacock. Sports Secretary: Dr. F. Fleming. Social Secretary: Mrs. Twinn. Magazine and Press Secretary: S. E. Robson. General Committee: E. Birks. W. Burrell, D. Everett. G. Holdsworth. B. Hankey, H Sanderson and R. E. Robson. Secretary: J. Atkinson, “Woodside.” Park Estate. West Hartlepool.