A reader in Elgin wants to find the Lagonda V12 engine alleged to have been built in the 1950s as a spare for one of the team cars, and apparently used later by Norman Buckley in a racing boat and then a car, possibly a Jensen. Letters can be forwarded.
Dr J Alderson, author of that superb book about the competition history of the Morgan three-wheeler, is working on a follow-up about the pre-war four-wheelers, he seeks information as to who designed the Coventry Climax engine as used in some 4/4s.
Another reader is hoping to find out what became of the 1921 Mercedes tourer he bought from a Kingston upon Thames dealer for £95 in 1938, before he could drive. Based on the Targa Florio chassis and thought to have been the first one imported after the First World War, it was last heard of in the Chester area.
Finally, one of our correspondents has some sand-blasted and primed 19 x 500 wellbase wheels (with five-hole fixing, 1/4in diameter, and 6in between centres) and wonders whether they might be of use to anyone?