The chain-driven Frazer Nash was the ultimate in built-for-business sports car motoring in the twenties and thirties, and today enjoys a strong and enthusiastic following in the Frazer Nash Section of the Vintage Sports Car Club. the last chain-driven ‘Nash was built in January 1939. Almost all the cars that were built took part in competitions of one sort or another and the happy band of owners formed the “chain gang”, a brotherhood that is as strong today as ever it was. This meiscellany of Frazer Nash photos has been gathered over the years, many taken at the wartime gatherings at the Osterley Hotel in West London organised by the 750 Motor Club during the years 1939-1945 so that the cars are seen “as built” and not “as restored”. There is nothing complicated about a Frazer Nash, so if anything goes wrong you merely get the tool-box out and repair it at the road-side. the rear axle repairs to Gibson’s 1925 car on the brenner Pass in 1969 is a typical bit of “chain gang” improvisation. A Frazer Nash is “a sort of 4-wheeled motorcycle” to quote a pre-war journalist in a road-test. – D.S.J.