CIRCUITO DI ALESSANDRIA 1934.
THE Circuito di Alessandria is a Grand Prix which has come very much to the fore this year. The circuit itself is 8 kin, in length and includes two straights, and fast bends, and a tricky section with fast corners, similar in nature to the T.T. course.
The list of starters includes all the foremost Italian drivers. Nuvolari was to have driven his mouoposto Maserati, the Scuderia Ferrari is represented by Varzi, Chiron, and Count Trossi, driving the new single-seater Alfas which were victorious at .Alessandria. A fourth car, one of last year’s mouopostos which was driven by Chiron, will be in the hands of Tardini.
There are few foreign entries, but for the first time Great Britain will be represented in this race by C. Penn-Hughes on his 2.6 Alfa Romeo. An Italianowned M.G. will also be running. The new Alfa single-seater cars have been out testing on the Milan Autostrada during April, and their acceleration is so
phenomenal that the existing world’s record for the standing kilometre is already jeopardised.
LIST OF ENTRIES.
1. Cecchini, R. (M.G. 1,100).
2. Malaguti, R. (Maserati 1,100).
3. Casareto, U. (Maserati 1,500).
4. Scarnera, G. (Bugatti 2,000).
5. Pages, L. (Alfa Romeo 2,300).
6. Pietsch, P., di Berlina (Alfa R. 2,600).
7. Alloati, G. (Alfa Romeo X).
8. Scuderia Siena (Soffietti Luigi), (Alfa Romeo 2,600).
9, Scuderia Siena (Pedrazzini Carlo), (Maserati 3,000).
10. Scuderia Siena (Minozzi Giovanni), (Alfa Romeo 2,300).
11, Giussani, E. (Alfa Romeo 2,300).
12. Rovere, Gino (X).
13. Scuderia Balestrero (Balestrero R.), (Alfa Romeo, 2,600).
14. Scuderia Balestrero (Biondetti C), (Maserati 3,000).
15. Scuderia Balestrero (Maserati X).
16. Scuderia Balestrero (Maserati X).
17. Clifton Penn Hughes (Alfa R. 2,600).
18. Nuvolari, T. (Maserati 3,000). 19, Scuderia Ferrari. (Chiron, Luigi), (Alfa Romeo 2,600).
20. Scuderia Ferrari (Varzi, A.), (Alfa Romeo 2,600).
21. Scuderia Ferrari (Trossi, C. F.), (Alfa Romeo 2,600).
22. Scuderia Ferrari (Tadini, M.), (Alfa Romeo 2,600).
23. X (Alfa Romeo).
24. Buesch, Hans (Maserati 2,994).
25. Maag, U. (Alfa Romeo 2,300).
26. Bonetti, F. (Alfa Romeo 2,600). 27. Scuderia Beccaria (Beccaria L.), X,
28. Scuderia Beccaria (X).
29. Scuderia Subalpina (X).
30. Scuderia Sulabpina (X).
31. Scuderia Subalpina (X).
32. Battaglia, G. (Alfa Romeo 2,600).
33. Delmot, A. (Bugatti 2,300).