The Parry-Thomas-built Marlborough-Thomas ran in the 200 Mile Races at Brooklands in 1923 and 1924, without conspicuous success, and in 1928 it went out to New Zealand. It was recently discovered by Chas. G. Black, after he had read in Motor Sport that the car was in the country, but the original engine was missing and only a few pieces of the Brooklands body remained. Apparently the car had been used on the road, with a bath-tub stern in place of the long “airship” tail. It seems a manager of Leylands, Ltd., took the vehicle out to New Zealand but it never achieved much in local races. It has now been rebuilt with tuned Mercury engine and a new single-seater body, and hydraulic brakes, the latter saving 100 lb. in weight. The car handles “like a Bugatti” on its torsion-bar suspension, now Rotoflow damped, and apparently still exceeds 90 m.p.h.