According to the Christchurch Star a girl walked into a New Zealand hospital late one night with the ring finger of her right hand immovably inserted into a hole in the spoke of a racing-type steering wheel. The explanation was that she and her boyfriend had used the hole to gauge the size of engagement ring her finger would take but after this interesting exercise her knuckle trapped the finger in the hole. So the embarrassed girl had to walk into hospital wearing a large chrome and vinyl steering wheel. A doctors efforts to release it proved unavailing, so he proposed that cutting equipment be used. The girl hastily pointed out that her friend valued the wheel at 30 dollars. So, using a local anaesthetic, the doctor had another try and successfully removed the wheel, but the girl fainted from the effect of the injections. So beware drilled-spoke steering wheels. Here is another motoring hazard for the authorities to get their teeth into. . . .