* Group B rally cars will be in action on the Isle of Man in July with a demonstration event running alongside the Rally Isle of Man. The Group B cars will run ahead of the main field on many of the closed-road special stages and it is hoped that around a dozen cars will take part.
* David Gathercole unveiled a new range of Cosworth FVA and FVC engines at Race Retro, ranging in size from 1600cc to 2 litres and in cast iron or aluminium blocks. Supply of the mid-60s engine has become difficult in recent years, but Gathercole has spent a year remaking and dyno testing complete engines and components.
* A race for sports, GT and touring cars of the 1950s and ’60s will be held at the 60th anniversary meeting at Castle Combe on July 31/August 1. It is hoped that the race, co-ordinated by James Beckett, will lead to a mini-series of three similar events at the Wiltshire track in 2011.
* Two hillclimbs and a sprint will be the competitive element of the Jersey International Motoring Festival on June 4-6. The competition is open to pre-75 cars and the weekend opens with a sprint at St Ouens. Hillclimbs at Westmount and Mount Bingham will follow. For details go to www.jerseyinternational- motoringfestival.com
* The MG Car Club is celebrating its 80th anniversary this year with a full programme of competitive events. The headline event will be MGLive at Silverstone on June 5/6, the annual race meeting run every year since 1950. The 2010 edition will be held on the full Grand Prix circuit for the first time.
* The newly-established 360 Motor Racing Club, formed by a group of enthusiasts over the internet, is organising a six-hour race for classic saloons and GTs at Snetterton on August 15. The race will cater for cars produced between 1968 and 1986, with a maximum capacity of 3.5 litres.
* The Classic Sports Car Club has reported growing support for its Swinging Sixties race series for cars of the 1960s. Such is the level of interest the field for the opening event at Snetterton on April 10 has been split into two races, allowing up to 60 cars to take part.