Appointment of F. E. Salter to Jowett Board

Author

admin

Browse pages
Current page

1

Current page

2

Current page

3

Current page

4

Current page

5

Current page

6

Current page

7

Current page

8

Current page

9

Current page

10

Current page

11

Current page

12

Current page

13

Current page

14

Current page

15

Current page

16

Current page

17

Current page

18

Current page

19

Current page

20

Current page

21

Current page

22

Current page

23

Current page

24

Current page

25

Current page

26

Current page

27

Current page

28

Current page

29

Current page

30

Current page

31

Current page

32

Current page

33

Current page

34

Current page

35

Current page

36

Current page

37

Current page

38

Current page

39

Current page

40

Current page

41

Current page

42

Current page

43

Current page

44

Current page

45

Current page

46

Current page

47

Current page

48

Current page

49

Current page

50

Current page

51

Current page

52

Current page

53

Current page

54

Current page

55

Current page

56

Current page

57

Current page

58

Current page

59

Current page

60

Current page

61

Current page

62

Current page

63

Current page

64

Current page

65

Current page

66

Current page

67

Current page

68

Current page

69

Current page

70

Current page

71

Current page

72

Current page

73

Current page

74

Current page

75

Current page

76

After an interval of four years, Frank E. Salter, M.I.M.E., will shortly return to the Board of Jowett Cars Ltd., where he will be responsible for all production.

Mr. Salter’s previous association with Jowett’s started in 1945 when he was retained as Consulting Engineer, and in 1946 he was appointed Technical Director. In this capacity he was primarily concerned with the change over of the factory from war-work back to vehicle production, and under his direction the post-war range of Bradford Commercial vehicles was introduced in 1946, and the Javelin prototypes were developed, and the car put into production in 1948 in which year Mr. Salter left to take up another appointment.

Mr. Salter’s career in the motor business dates back to 1909 when he became a scholarship pupil at the Daimler Co. Ltd. Since then, with the exception of the periods of the two wars, he has been almost continuously engaged in the motor trade. In 1925, he joined General Motors Ltd., London, and was concerned with car and truck chassis and body assembly, being appointed in 1927 Layout and Equipment Engineer at General Motors, Antwerp. Mr. Salter was with the Standard Motor Company from 1930 to 1942. He was responsible for the layout and equipment for production of the ‘Standard’ range, and in 1938 became Works Manager of that company. Mr. Salter has latterly been with the Rootes Organisation.