CLUB NEWS, October 1953

Author

admin

Browse pages
Current page

1

Current page

2

Current page

3

Current page

4

Current page

5

Current page

6

Current page

7

Current page

8

Current page

9

Current page

10

Current page

11

Current page

12

Current page

13

Current page

14

Current page

15

Current page

16

Current page

17

Current page

18

Current page

19

Current page

20

Current page

21

Current page

22

Current page

23

Current page

24

Current page

25

Current page

26

Current page

27

Current page

28

Current page

29

Current page

30

Current page

31

Current page

32

Current page

33

Current page

34

Current page

35

Current page

36

Current page

37

Current page

38

Current page

39

Current page

40

Current page

41

Current page

42

Current page

43

Current page

44

Current page

45

Current page

46

Current page

47

Current page

48

Current page

49

Current page

50

Current page

51

Current page

52

Current page

53

Current page

54

Current page

55

Current page

56

Current page

57

Current page

58

Current page

59

Current page

60

CLUB

A.C. OWNERS’ CLUB

Members of the organising club filled five of the first six places in the point-to-point run in Hampshire on August 30th. Best performance was returned by R. G. Henderson (A.C.), with H. F. Day (A.C.) third, and N. W. Howlett (A.C.) fourth. Second-class awards went to 1′. E. B. Chambers (A.C.), S. Moore (M.G.—Hants & Barks M.C.), and D. R. Humphreys (A.C.), who filled the next three places. Of the 34 starters, eight exceeded their time allowance of six hours, and two retired. Henderson returned both shortest time and mileage (112) for the successfully completed course.

CHILTERN C.C.

The duties of Competition Secretary have now been taken over by R. N. Richards, 3, Overstone Road, Luton, Beds, and he is carrying out all the duties previously executed by C. P. M. Green at Amersham. The club magazine is now under the editorship of P. R. W. Jackson, MouselPs, Fingest, Henley-on-Thames, Oxon.

ALVIS OWNER CLUB

At a meeting on September 6th, Mr. K. R. Day, of 31, Lawrence Avenue, New Malden, Surrey, was elected general secretary; he will also carry out the duties of Southern Section secretary. It was

also decided to abolish the entry fee for new members.

The other section secretaries are as follows : Northern : A. Ellison, ” Rylstones,” Earnsdale Avenue, Darwen, Lancs. Midland : D. R. Laurance, 64, Worcester Street, Stourbridge, Worcs.

THE FORCES’ MOTORING CLUB

The newly-formed Forces’ Motoring Club was recently announced in Admiralty Fleet Orders. Publication in Army and Air Ministry Orders is expected to follow shortly. The committee is anxious that former members of the Services, who are not only eligible but also very welcome, should also know of the club.

Briefly, the very fine example of the Civil Service Motoring Association has been followed in many respects, and the club acknowledges many courtesies and much help from that quarter. It is expected that members will be able to take part in a number of sporting and social events and there are a number of very useful economic privileges designed to lower the present very high cost of driving and riding. A friendly broker at Lloyd’s and suppliers of a number of appropriate commodities have granted concessions that should easily outweigh subscriptions many times over. It is, however, the main aim of the club to bring together the members of the three Services, their old comrades, and their families in good fellowship and friendly competition.

The combined entry fee and subscription up to March 31st, 1954, amounts to five. shillings. Details may be had (a stamped, selfaddressed envelope is very helpful) from : The Secretary, The Forces’ Motoring Club, 2, Charterhouse Mews, London. E.C.1.

Related articles

Related products