Mr. Van Eugen, a Dutchman who left Holland in 1911, came to Coventry in 1913, after two years in Berlin, and joined the Daimler Company. He joined Clyno in 1921 and then became well known for his design work at the Lea-Francis Company. His greatest achievement was the creation of the V8 Autovia for the Riley Motor Company in 1938. The war killed a promising product and Mr. Van Eugen then joined the Wolseley Company and was absorbed into British Leyland, retiring in 1955. A Council Member of the Automobile Division of the IME, Mr. Van Eugen died earlier this year at his daughter’s home in Bedfordshire, at the age of 90. — WB.