– As eventual winner Nelson Piquet heads this group away from the grid, chasing Senna’s Lotus, Berger’s Benetton and Rosberg’s McLaren which are already out of the picture.
– Stefan Johansson’s Ferrari snaps sideways in the middle of the pack. Having been nudged by Philippe Alliot’s Ligier, the Swede was pitched into Fabi’s Benetton, the Italian spinning off and retiring on the spot.
– Standing in for the injured Jacques Laffite, Alliot eventually retired his Ligier JS27 with engine failure.
– Thierry Boutsen’s new Arrows A9 expires amidst a cloud of extinguishant following a pit lane turbo fire.
– A frustrated Alain Prost pushes his McLaren towards the finishing line after it ran out of fuel on the run up from the last comer to the line.
NASCARs to star at Laguna Seca
A race for NASCAR stock cars of the late 1960s and early ’70s will be a feature of the 2010 Monterey Historic Automobile Races taking place at Laguna Seca on…
White follows in local hero's wheel tracks
Kenneth White retained the Bob Gerard Memorial Trophy during the VSCC's annual visit to Mallory Park. Forty-six years after Gerard drove the first laps of the Leicestershire circuit in a…
THE COACHWORK COMPETITION
THE COACHWORK COMPETITION THE cars this year were divided into six categories, based on the prices of the complete cars, including accessories. Each category was further divided into three classes,…