As motorsport makes its return following months without any action, the 2020 GT World Challenge Europe begins 25-26 July at Imola. This season, racing fans can catch the action on Sky Sports F1, which will be broadcasting a mixture of live races and highlights. Sky are proud sponsors of the Sky Tempesta Racing Team, made up of lead driver Chris Froggatt, Eddie Cheever and Jonathan Hui, who will compete for glory in this year’s GT World Challenge Europe.
To celebrate, Sky are giving one lucky Motor Sport reader the chance to watch the drama unfold, with a Sky Q package free for a year and a 55” TV.
Terms and Conditions
Closing Date 25 August 2020
- These terms and conditions (the “Rules“) apply to the free prize draw being run by Motor Sport Magazine as a special promotion in Motor Sport magazine for online & offline customers (the “Prize Draw“). Promoter of the Prize Draw is Motor Sport Magazine 18-20 Rosemont Road, London, NW3 , (the “Promoter“).
- The Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK, except employees of the Promoter or Sky, their immediate families, agents or any third party associated with administration of the Prize Draw.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old to enter the prize draw. The promoter reserves the right to obtain proof of such consent and to refuse entry or to choose another winner if such proof, where requested, has not been given.
- The prize for the Prize Draw is a 12 month Sky Q subscription and a 55 inch TV. The Prize is subject to availability. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the Prizes (including its individual components) with an item of equal or greater value. The prizes are not negotiable.
- The Promoter will not accept entries that are automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties or in bulk, illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, photocopies and not originals or incomplete. Only one entry per person is permitted. Entry is free and no purchase is necessary.
- The Prize Draw will run from 20th July 2020 (the “Opening Date“) to 25th August 2020 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- To enter the Prize Draw, entrants should, by the Closing Date, complete the online entry form at www.motorsportmagazine.com/sky.
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or to refuse to award the Prize, to anyone in breach of these Rules.
- The Promoter will not accept: (i) responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any technical failure or for any event which may cause entries to the competition to be delayed, deleted, misdirected, disrupted or corrupted. or (ii) proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Prize Draw.
- The prize winner will be selected by the Promoter at random from all entries received before the Closing Date (the “Winner“). The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Winner will be notified by email and/or telephone (using details provided at entry) and must provide their name and a postal address to claim the Prize. If the Winner does not respond to the Promoter within fourteen (14) days of being notified by the Promoter, then the Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The prize will be sent to the winner within 30 days of them responding to the Promoter to accept the Prize.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the Prize Draw or the Prize, whether due to any errors or omissions or other cause by the Promoter, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence. The Promoter will not be liable for its inability to contact the Winner or award the Prize as a result of any mistakes or errors in the contact details provided by the Winner. Entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
- If there’s a problem with the prize, please call 0207 349 8491 within 28 days of receipt and we will happily respond.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules and all other matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- By entering any Motor Sport magazine prize draw the entrant agrees to having their name published online or in a future issue of Motor Sport magazine at the discretion of the Promoter
- The Promoter can be contacted in relation to the Prize Draw by writing to: The Publisher, Motor Sport magazine, 18-20 Rosemont Road, NW3 6NE. The Prize Draw and these Rules shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
ANNEX 1: SKY OBLIGATORY TERMS
The Promoter shall administer the Competition and allocate the Prize as follows and shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall contain terms that give effect to the Prize Conditions set out below. The Promoter shall ensure that all entrants to the competition are notified of and accept the Prize Conditions before entering the Competition and again before accepting a Prize.
1. The Competition shall open on Tuesday 14th July – Tuesday 25th August 2020. Online entry required. The entry mechanic is as follows: Simply answer a question and submit the answer by post or online.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over only. Proof of age may be required. The Competition is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of any Sky UK Limited (“Sky”), companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies. The Promoter shall allow one entry per household only.
3. One entry per household and a maximum of 1 entry per person over the Promotional Period. Entries sent in through agents, third parties or multiple accounts will be disqualified. Entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate, or defamatory content will be disqualified. Late, incomplete, or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met and the right to select replacement entry into the competition element of the promotion.
4. 1 winner will be selected by a random computer-generated draw, on or around Wednesday 26th August 2020 from all correct and eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The winners will be notified by phone by Friday 28th August 2020.
5. If the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant
6. There is 1 prize package(s) to be won (each a “Prize”). 1 winner will be allocated one Prize each. Each Prize includes the following:
– 1 x Sky Q Complete Bundle TV package including Sky Sports Complete and Sky Cinema
o 1 x Sky Q Multiscreen subscription; and
o Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions
o Sky will also loan the prize winner 1 x Sky Q 2TB box and 1 x Sky Q Mini box at no charge
– 1 x 55” TV
The Prize will be subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below)
7. The following terms shall apply to the Prize (the “Prize Conditions”):
a) The winner will be required to enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract. If the winner is an exist-ing Sky TV customer, your existing Sky TV subscriptions will come to an end and you must enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract.
b) After your 12 month free Sky Q TV subscription comes to an end, standard subscription length (18 months) and prices at the time of re-contracting will apply, unless you change or cancel your package, giv-ing Sky at least 31 days’ notice. Standard subscription prices may change. Please refer to www.sky.com for current pricing. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom.
c) The Prize does not include:
– A broadband subscription (to experience Sky Q features to the full, we recommend connecting your boxes to home broadband);
– Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view ser-vices and events
d) Watching on an extra TV screen comes at a one-off cost of £99 and Sky will loan you an extra Sky Q Mini at no cost (recommend connecting no more than 4 Sky Q Minis in total)
e) Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
f) Engineer set-up required.
g) The winner must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s) prior to installation.
h) Winners must redeem the prize within a year. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with anoth-er provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
i) There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
j) Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
k) Prize winner will own the Sky dish. The Sky Q box, the Sky Q Mini and all other Sky Q kit is loaned to the winner at no cost and must be returned when the winner’s 12 month prize subscription terminates or when the winner leaves Sky, whichever is earlier. Mechanical faults with the Sky Q kit will be repaired at no cost.
l) Sky Q installations currently average a 28 day waiting period.
m) Electrical items should be delivered within 28 days from the point the winner has confirmed their details to The Promotions Factory.
8. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all li-abilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
9. By entering the competition, if you are the winner, you agree that you and your guests (if applicable) agree that Sky may make your full names and counties available and may use your full names, counties and pho-tographs for post-event publicity purposes without your permission or paying you anything. You further agree and agree to procure that any guests agree to the use of your names, images and any video or voice recordings of you or your guests (if applicable) in any media in, perpetuity, as Sky sees fit. You agree and agree to procure that your guests agree that the copyright (if any) and all other rights title and interest in and to any contribution by you or your guests shall vest in and be irrevocably assigned to Sky
10. Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
11. By entering this promotion and choosing to opt-in to receive more information, you agree that Sky may use your information to contact you about offers, news products and services you may like. You can change your direct marketing preferences by contacting Sky on 08442 41 41 41. You can also click on the “unsub-scribe” link in direct marketing emails from Sky.
12. Any entrant data collected will be used for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winner[s] to notify them of the prize and, if you are the winner, we may pass them on to third parties to de-liver the prize.
Promoter: Motor Sport Magazine, 18-20 Rosemont Road, London, NW3 6NE