MPH: How Hamilton's Russian GP weekend went wrong
The 91st Schumacher-equalling victory will just have to wait, as Lewis Hamilton’s Russian weekend cascaded out of his control through an unfortunate series of events, albeit triggered by his own…
The records that fell following the 2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
1. Nico Rosberg secured the World Championship after 206 Grands Prix, the longest wait in terms of race starts.
2. In terms of seasons, it’s taken him 11, two fewer than Nigel Mansell’s 13.
3. The Rosbergs are the second father/son Formula 1 world champions after Graham and Damon Hill.
5. Germany has won 12 of the last 23 world titles.
6. With victory in Abu Dhabi, Hamilton became the first driver to win 10 Grands Prix and not win the title.
7. Hamilton’s slow pace meant the top four were unusually close at the flag. But the margin of just 1.685sec is still a way off Monza 1971…
8. Kimi Räikkönen bettered Sebastian Vettel in the qualifying battle, the first time he has beaten a team-mate since 2006. He tied with Felipe Massa in 2007 and Romain Grosjean in 2013.
9. Red Bull claimed the DHL fastest pit stop award, servicing Max Verstappen in 2.11sec. That tied them in second with Mercedes-Benz with three awards, some 11 behind Williams.
10. Sergio Pérez scored points for the 10th race in a row to surpass the 100-point mark, a first for a Force India driver.
Compiled with the help of Database curator Peter Higham
With all the talk of Lewis Hamilton trying to match Michael Schumacher’s record of 91 victories in Formula 1, it was almost tempting fate that the championship leader would falter.…
From a precarious position in Q2, Lewis Hamilton took pole position in qualifying for the 2020 F1 Russian Grand Prix. But is he in the best position for tomorrow's race?
Lamborghini CEO and former Scuderia Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali will replace Chase Carey as Formula 1 CEO in 2021. Carey had already confirmed that he is stepping down from…