MPH: The technical battles raging on behind-the-scenes in Formula 1
Amid the flurry of nine grands prix in 11 weekends, there have been a few developments in the regulations and as we catch a rare pause for breath before next…
1) In the seven races so far the pole-winner has only led the opening lap twice – Russia (Nico Rosberg) and Monaco (Daniel Ricciardo).
5) Hamilton and Vettel are now tied on 1,974 career points.
6) Rosberg is in the middle of his worst run of results since 2013, his championship lead has been cut to just nine points.
7) Valtteri Bottas scored his second successive Canadian GP podium finish. Stark contrast to his Monaco form.
8) Williams maintained its record of the fastest pit-stop. Their 2.11s best is their second-fastest of the year, 0.01s slower than in China.
10) Pascal Wehrlein maintained his record of finishing every race this year without scoring a point.
Thanks to Database curator Peter Higham
Two-time title-winner Emerson Fittipaldi was the first Brazilian to win the F1 championship and went on to secure two Indy 500 wins. Should he stand alongside the greats in the Motor Sport Hall of Fame?
As Ferrari marks its 1000th Formula 1 Grand Prix, we celebrate its illustrious history with new articles, features, interviews and analysis that tell the story of the brand. The Ferrari…
Ferrari's greatest sports car driver enjoyed remarkable success in his short career. Damien Smith examines the record of Olivier Gendebien, one of this year's Hall of Fame nominees