As teams were unloading transporters on Thursday afternoon at the Goodwood Revival we grabbed Steve Soper and Andrew Jordan to sit down and record a podcast.
To help us out with the tin top racers BTCC pitlane reporter Alan Hyde joined us for the first time. Well, we say first time, but he’s been recording the podcasts since 2009 – this was just the first time we gave him a microphone…
Why do Steve and Andrew race at the Revival? And how did the latter find a Lotus Cortina when he drove it in the wet for the first time? We cover the famous Sussex event as well as the BTCC then and now.
St Mary’s Trophy Pt. 1 results (these will be interesting when listening!)
1) Tom Kristensen, 1964 Ford Fairline Thunderbolt
2) Gordon Shedden, 1963 Ford-Lotus Cortina Mk1
3) Frank Stippler, 1965 Alfa-Romeo 1600 GTA
4) Andrew Jordan, 1965 Ford-Lotus Cortina Mk1
5) Andy Priaulx, 1965 BMW 1800 TiSA
6) Jackie Oliver, 1965 BMW 1800 TiSA
7) Mat Jackson, 1965 Ford-Lotus Cortina Mk1
8) Steve Soper, 1965 Ford-Lotus Cortina Mk1
9) Mike Conway, 1960 Ford Anglia 105E
10) Stuart Graham, 1963 Ford Galaxie 500
Don’t worry if the podcast doesn’t play immediately in the window below, it does take time to load.
If you would like to subscribe to the Motor Sport podcasts then visit our iTunes page.
To download the podcast, visit our SoundCloud page.
Video: Stirling Moss revisits the 1955 Mille Miglia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07CiCpf9kek With the help of archive footage from the 1955 Mille Miglia, Stirling Moss looks back at the race which is widely considered one of the greatest wins in motor…
Best racing films and box sets to stream on Netflix, Amazon and iPlayer — updated
Millions are stuck inside, there's no racing on the box, so what is there to watch? We selected some of the best film and box set offerings available to stream…
The Jorge Lorenzo mystery
The three-times MotoGP world champion’s MotoGP retirement lasted all of 81 days. And now there’s talk of a race return in June. What exactly is going on?