Recruitment: digital editor
Reporting to: the editor
We are going through an exciting period of change and we need an enthusiastic, hands on, web editor to see our ambitious plans through to reality.
- The role of digital editor is to manage the online, digital, video, podcast and social media products and platforms of Motor Sport to deliver the strategic and tactical goals of the company
- The role requires the ability to manage the infrastructure efficiency of the digital products & platforms (CMS, social) on a day to day basis.
- Implementing SEO best practice and content management optimization to deliver organic audience growth
- The role requires management and input into product development, UX testing and information architecture to ensure the smooth running of all digital products
- Using industry knowledge, analytics and research, the role requires the ability to create content plans that engage with users, working collaboratively with all stakeholders, (marketing / events, editorial and commercial), to ensure digital contributes to achieving our audience and commercial goals
- The role requires the setting and provision of clear metrics and regular reporting on agreed KPIs to ensure digital performance and spend are optimized to achieve goals within budgetary levels
- The role requires the ability to work closely with the commercial department to generate innovative ideas and solutions for our advertising clients
- Able to manage and develop the Content Management System. A good working knowledge of Drupal and WordPress is essential
- Ability to write engaging content for a digital audience is key. A broad knowledge of motor racing, current and historic, from F1 to Le Mans to MotoGP would be advantageous
- Experience of managing digital content workflow processes from working with freelance writers and commissioning copy through to publishing content on all platforms
- Experience of commissioning and hosting podcasts would be advantageous. As would experience of video content creation and cross-platform distribution
- In-depth knowledge of digital best practice, industry trends and evolving functionality that can be used to improve the user experience and commercial opportunities
- Knowledge and implication of web analytics, ability to surface, understand, and action what the numbers say
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and understand their requirements for the business while championing digital
- Ability to manage budgets to agreed levels to deliver cost savings where possible and improve profitability
- Ability to understand and contribute to the wider strategic goals of the business
If you have a passion for digital and a love of motor racing please send your CV to Joe Dunn, Editor, Motor Sport, at email@example.com by January 10, 2019.