An absolute sensation when first seen in 1948, in the midst of post-war austerity, the Jaguar XK 120 was both a stunningly beautiful car sold to all the top film stars, and a ruthlessly successful rally machine – and it remains just as effective on both counts today. A perfect XK 120, 140 or 150 could easily cost six figures in pounds, dollars or euros today – so how practical is it to buy a neglected example and restore it at home?
This is the story of how one man completely restored his XK 120 roadster, transforming it from dereliction into a thoroughly beautiful example of this iconic sports car. He also took the time to investigate and incorporate numerous detail improvements, making the car even more usable and practical for today’s roads, some 65 years after it was built.
Cable TV engineer Bob Exelby has a lifetime of home classic car rebuilds behind him and shares all the nuggets of information, advice and tips gleaned through his own blood (literally), sweat and tears over 50 years of ‘playing with old cars’. Even the most experienced make mistakes, and he freely shares his so that others can avoid them. This book is invaluable if you want to know what makes an XK ‘tick’, and if it’s the classic car for you – and vital if you own or are restoring one.
· Complete DIY restoration of an early XK Jaguar
· Perfect for those who carry out home servicing and repairs
· Packed with advice and tips from an experienced home restorer
· Copiously illustrated in colour throughout
· Gain the specific knowledge vital to work on a Jaguar XK
· Anecdotes and mishaps: informative, amusing and encouraging
· Meticulously detailed, over 300 pages, over 400 photos