A beautifully reproduced and presented large format book capturing in glossy period photography and stylish archival text the excitement of, perhaps, Sir Stirling Moss’s most memorable year in motor racing, 1955. Focusing on Moss’s landmark Mille Miglia and British Grand Prix winning season, this work recreates the glamour, excitement and danger of motor racing in the mid-fifties through beautifully presented period photography and contemporary press coverage. The lush pictorial data is complimented throughout by Sir Stirling’s own personal reminiscences of events, both on and off track, and complemented by extracts from his private diaries. The work has been collated and compiled by award-winning motoring author, Philip Porter, who has been allowed unprecedented access to Sir Stirling’s private records. It is the first of a planned series of large format colour books, each of which will present a different year in Sir Stirling’s racing career.
A must for any motor-racing enthusiast!
• The first of a high quality series to collect & keep.
• Period photography, including colour shots, racing shots. Period press coverage,
faithfully reproduced. Sir Stirling’s private diary entries and personal reminiscences.
• Compiled by Montagu Trophy winning author Philip Porter (Jaguar E-type: The
Definitive History, The Most Famous Car in the World, and with Paul Skilleter Sir
William Lyons: The Official Biography).
• A beautifully presented work.
• Standard (unsigned) Edition: 160 pages, full colour, 12”x14” (300x350mm), hardback.