THE ULTIMATE BOOK OF THE AIR-COOLED 911 chronicles the entire history of the classic Porsche 911 – model-by-model, year-by-year – in an exquisite, individually numbered slip-cased production.
From the earliest design studies, to the last of the air-cooled line, every model and iteration of this iconic car is covered, revealing the continuous process of evolution and impeccable build quality that has kept the 911 fresh for over 50 years. Limited edition cars, rare prototypes, and one-off specials are included, and all models are illustrated with over 1250 contemporary photos and illustrations, plus reproductions of advertising materials and brochures, making this the most comprehensive reference work on the air-cooled 911 available … truly the ULTIMATE book on the subject.
With the full co-operation of Porsche, the author has assembled and presented an extensive history of the air-cooled 911 that includes full year-by-year coverage of production models, listings of colour and trim options, descriptions of limited edition cars, Porsche’s racing efforts in the arena of motor sports, plus three highly-detailed appendices.
The birth, rise, and eventual replacement of the air-cooled 911 by the water-cooled 996 is catalogued in unprecedented detail, revealing how the company fought through sometimes difficult times, political turmoil and changing fashions to keep the 911 current and on top of its game through every decade.
The definitive history of an evergreen Porsche presented in an exquisite and impressive package.
- A beautifully designed artpaper production presented in a slip case: a celebration of the 911 to cherish
- Illustrates early design studies and prototype models
- Includes over 1250 photographs and illustrations
- Reproductions of original period brochures and adverts
- Comprehensive appendices
- Full year-by-year range details, with model, engine type, capacity, and variations
- Detailed technical engine specifications for all units
- Chassis numbers and production figures for every model, covering the entire air-cooled era
- Details of trim options and paint colours
This book is delivered via courier and requires a full, street-level postal address for deliver: this cannot be delivered to PO Box addresses.