- Specially designed and created by Automobilist for Formula 1® in celebration of completion of Seven Decades of Racing
- Exclusively limited to only 1960 pieces, uniquely numbered
- Uses the latest 3D modelling technology to design the poster
- Comes as a standard sized poster, 50 x 70 cm (19¾ x 27½ inch), framing not included
- Reproduced as a high quality offset print on 175g/m2 paper
- Global Shipping from Europe, rolled and delivered in a protective tube
- Officially Licensed Product | Formula 1® | Classic Team Lotus
As Formula 1 completes seven decades of racing, this range of 8 special artworks has each one dedicated to a decade of racing from the 1950s to the present day, plus an additional one looking to the future of the sport. In the Sixties, Formula 1 had its own revolutionary and his early masterpiece would run riot on the race tracks of the world. The man was Colin Chapman and the masterpiece was his 1962 creation, the Lotus 25 Formula 1 car. Chapman with Team Lotus was part of the English “garagiste” movement that focussed on producing less powerful but lighter and more agile mid-engined machines. Jim Clark took pole position at six of the nine races in 1962, winning three of them, including his maiden F1 victory at Spa-Francorchamps in the Lotus 25, and romped to his first world title the next year.