This book tells the story of how Kris Meeke and Peugeot UK won the Intercontinental Rally Championship in their rookie year, from the disastrous opening round in Monte Carlo, to the ecstasy of winning the San Remo rally and the championship in the same weekend.
This is the gripping tale of how Kris and Peugeot defied expectations and made their mark on this highly competitive championship. There are those who felt that Kris was quick but lacked the consistency to succeed at the highest level – but the man from Dungannon proved them wrong in the style of his mentor and rally legend, Colin McRae. The best of Kris is still to come.
Kris Meeke and Peugeot UK defied the odds by winning the driver’s title in the Intercontinental Championship in their rookie year. Kris has always been quick, but he has had a lot of bad luck along throughout his career. When Peugeot UK confirmed him as its driver, things looked up. However, on round one at Monte Carlo it went really wrong as Kris crashed out. But the team regarded this as a learning experience, and went on to achieve an unbelievable set of results, culminating in winning the driver’s title.This book charts Meeke’s rise, and how he was mentored by another rallying genius – Colin McRae. It tells of the support that Peugeot UK gave Meeke, and how he repaid the team with the title. When the chips were down Kris picked up several punctures, but he never gave up. His fight-backs in Belgium and Spain were incredible, and were what made him a real contender for the title. Meeke has a style that is almost akin to McRae’s – his speed and skill are phenomenal. This book is a tribute to a legend in the making.
- Kris Meeke is the latest British International Rally Champion
- The drive behind Peugeot UK entering the Intercontinental Championship
- Meeke was mentored by Colin McRae, possibly the world’s best ever rally driver
- Winning the title in a rookie year proves Kris is a special talent
- Plenty of fight-backs to inspire young rally drivers
- Living proof that dreams are achievable
- Consistently the fastest driver throughout the season, showing real skill
- Bad luck is part of sport, but Kris never gives up
- Includes stunning photography of every round