Motorcycling social history, as seen from the saddle. Bill Snelling’s entertaining autobiography recounts a lifetime spent at the heart of British motorcycle sport, and living on the Isle of Man.
Bill Snelling reflects on his lifetime passion for two-wheeling in this entertaining, motorcycle-themed autobiography. He recalls the decades of motorcycling mayhem, mud and madness that have characterised his 70-odd years living the dream, from the early days at Arthur Lavington’s Velo shop to pounding the long-distance trials and the many race circuits he has ridden. Bill admits he was better off-road than on tarmac, but he did win one race! He went on to work for Motorcycle Sport magazine, and as a dispatch rider, before moving permanently to the Isle of Man.A great read for anyone interested in British motorcycle sports.
- Memories of a lifetime spent in the world of motorcycles and racing
- A personal account of the golden years of the TT
- Original photos from the TT archives capture the thrill of the races
- The author shares his passion and experiences as a rider and Manx Grand Prix competitor
- An entertaining autobiography from a lifelong motorcycle enthusiast, competitor, author and historian