* Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Hélio Castroneves recently won America’s most popular TV show, Dancing with the Stars. Hélio beat Spice Girl Mel B in the final in front of 22.8 million viewers.
* Almost 40 years after his last race, Jim Clark is to be celebrated on screen. A film festival will take place at Eynsham Hall, Oxfordshire on February 23. For more information go to www.jimclarkfilmfestival.com
* British driver Ed Tilley has been given the chance to take part in the 2008 ARCA series and hopes to make the step up to NASCAR’s premier division in the future. If successful Tilley will become the first British driver in the Nascar series.
* Michael Schumacher won the International Challenge of Go-Kart Champs in November in Florianopolis, Brazil. The seven times F1 champion finished two points clear of second-placed Luciano Burti and 11 ahead of last year’s winner, Felipe Massa.
* Juan Pablo Montoya was confirmed as the 2007 ‘Rookie of the Year’ in the NASCAR Nextel Cup series. Montoya admitted that the term ‘rookie’ should be considered a loose one considering the amount of experience he has.
* British racing driver Richard Westbrook won a brand new Porsche Carrera road car after being crowned Champion of the Porsche Supercup. Westbrook has now won the title twice in a row.