* To cope with overflowing Formula Junior grids in Britain, the Formula Junior Historic Racing Association is creating a new ‘Junior Junior’ series for 2008, the category’s 50th anniversary season.
* The Coppa Supercortemaggiore sports car races at Monza in 1954, ’55 and ’56 will be remembered on June 7/8 when a race for the Woodcote Trophy for pre-56 sports is run at the Italian track.
* The Brabham BT38 that became the base for the 1975 British Hillclimb Championship-winning Pilbeam of Alastair Douglas-Osborn will return to racing next season in the hands of Michael Hibberd.
* A new championship of European navigational rallies will run over six events and be known as the European Classic Rallye Cup. Challenging navigation is promised and the opening event is the International Coppa d’Europa in Holland in early April.
* The Vintage Sports-Car Club has expanded the list of pre-1941 post-vintage thoroughbred cars that are eligible to compete in club events. Marques brought into the PVT list include Crossley, Daimler, Franklin, Lanchester, Rover, SS, Tatra and Triumph.
* Women from rallying have produced a Pacenotes & Pearls calendar to raise money for the Richard Burns Foundation. Michele Mouton, WRC co-driver Gemma Price, Natalie Barrett and Pauline Gullick have all been photographed. Order online at www.pacenotesandpearls.co.uk