Motor Sport is looking for an intern to fill a three month paid placement at our North London offices, offering a unique opportunity to make a contribution and gain experience at one of the world’s most prestigious motor racing titles.
If you are considering a career in motor sport writing, this position will give you the opportunity to learn from leading writers, to develop digital skills and to have a key role in updating one of the most extensive collections of motor sport coverage.
Most of your time will be spent bringing our 95-year archive to life: using our photo libraries to bring interviews, features and race reports to life and updating some sections to increase their visibility online.
Some of the placement will include writing and uploading articles to the site, and promoting relevant archive content using emails and social media.
We will develop your existing skills and provide full support, with access to extensive picture libraries and guidance on best SEO practice.
You will also be working with Motor Sport’s renowned writers, who have decades of experience attending grands prix, interviewing leading drivers and writing incisively.
More jobs: Staff writer
- Revise archive content for the web by selecting suitable pictures, updating headlines and other key sections.
- Tag and link content to ensure that it can easily be linked to related articles.
- Some writing of current news stories.
- Identify articles to promote to readers.
- Use social media to highlight relevant articles to followers.
- A passion for, and good knowledge of, motor sport.
- Ability to follow set procedures to ensure consistency.
- Enthusiasm to tackle tasks that can be repetitive.
- Writing experience.
Applicants should send a letter, detailing any relevant experience, and their suitability for the role, to the digital editor at [email protected] by Friday 21 June.
We are only able to contact those selected for interview.