1. The Austrian Grand Prix was the first time since Singapore last year that Nico Rosberg has not started from the front row.
2. Lewis Hamilton converted pole position into the race lead at the end of the opening lap for the first time this year.
3. The Brit has now been victorious at 22 different circuits, only Michael Schumacher won at more (23). In a year of race number coincidences, Hamilton has now taken 44 podiums with Mercedes.
4. Hamilton’s was the 250th Grand Prix win for a British driver.
5. Pascal Wehrlein made it into Q2 for the first time and scored Manor’s first point since Jules Bianchi at Monaco in 2014. The Red Bull Ring is the first track of the season that he has raced on before.
6. Max Verstappen gave Red Bull Racing its first podium finish at the circuit it owns.
7. Verstappen has matched his father Jos’s podium record. Already.