The Belgian Grand Prix was revived in 1946 on a temporary road course in and adjacent to the Bois de la Cambre in central Brussels. The startline was situated to the northern end of the Avenue Franklin Roosevelt near to the city’s Université Libre. That main straight was nearly a mile long and was followed by a return leg that twisted through the park. The GP was a sports car event comprising three separate class races – Eugène Chaboud’s Delahaye winning the main 4.5-litre event at little more than 67mph. The GP returned to Spa-Francorchamps in 1947 as a Formula 1 race.