The 1926 French Grand Prix was a curious affair that attracted just three cars.
The 1926 French Grand Prix was a curious affair that attracted just three cars. Held at the Circuit de Miramas near Istres, Jules Goux’s Bugatti T39A was the only classified finisher after four and a half hours of “racing”. Miramas was the brain child of racing driver Paul Bablot who decided to build an oval in the south of France in 1924. Other minor races were held throughout the 1930s and it has been a test track for BMW since the German company acquired the facility in 1986.