• The Hampton Downs track in New Zealand will host two Bruce McLaren Festivals on back-to-back weekends in January. The MSC Formula 5000 Tasman Cup Revival Series starts at Ruapuna on October 30/31 before the two weekend events at Hampton Downs in late January. Space has been left in the calendar in case another invitation to support the Australian GP is forthcoming.
• The 55th anniversary of the Elva marque will be celebrated at Elkhart Lake on September 10-12. The British sports-racing car and single-seater manufacturer’s milestone will be marked with an ‘All Elva Race’ and a one-lap tour for non-racing Elvas.
• Scotland’s oldest motor sport venue will be celebrated during the Bo’ness Hill Climb Revival on September 11/12. Historic racing and sports cars plus motorcycles will be in action at Bo’ness, which has a history dating back to 1934. A major classic car show will support the event. For details log on to: www.bonesshillclimb.org.uk
• Twenty-six years after he finished fifth on the International Manx Rally, Theo Bengry returned to the Isle of Man to contest the historic event with the same Opel Ascona 400. The Leominster driver has had the car rebuilt for historic rallying, but unfortunately transmission failure ended his event.
• David Williams, manager of Richard Burns’ rally career, has confirmed plans to enter the month-long London-Cape Town Rally which starts on January 1, 2011. Williams, who will drive a Peugeot 504, has previously tackled several endurance rallies.
• The Roger Albert Clark Rally will start with two long special stages in the Dalby forest complex on November 26. The night stages will take in the famous woodyard section. Tests in Yorkshire will follow on Saturday, before the route heads for the Scottish borders on Sunday and Monday.
• The heritage of the famous Montlhéry track near Paris will be celebrated in a Vintage Revival on May 7/8, 2011. Pre-1940 sports and racing cars will be able to tackle the famous banked circuit, while other pre-war cars will be invited to lap the track later in the weekend. Displays and club stands are also planned.